02/03/2023 by Combined Energy Services 0 Comments
Helping keep pets at the Sullivan County SPCA warm
Supporting local non-profit organizations that care for and protect animal welfare is something that is near and dear to the hearts of Combined Energy Services and its employees. We are grateful once again to be able to make a heating fuel donation in the amount of $5,000 to the Sullivan County SPCA.
Since 2015, CES has donated over $30,000 to the Sullivan County SPCA. The Sullivan County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SCSPCA) located in Rock Hill, New York has been in operation for over 70 years. They are an independent not-for-profit animal rescue organization, not affiliated with the National ASPCA. Their organization relies solely on public donations and adoption fees. They do not receive funding from any government agency.
They are committed to:
- Finding quality forever homes for adoptable animals through proper screening of potential adopters
- Educating the public regarding responsible pet ownership and respect for animal life
- Reducing overpopulation of animals by the promotion of spay/neutering and education
- Reuniting owners with lost pets
- Providing temporary shelter to homeless at-risk animals and to those in need of relief from neglect and cruelty
- Providing basic medical care for animals in need, extreme care where needed, preventive care and health screening
- Promoting and supporting positions and laws that have a positive impact on the quality of life of animals
Their current facility was built in the 1970’s and is in the final stages of a spectacular renovation. The new and improved building has additional kennel space including a maternity area for whelping. Heated floors, a state of the art ventilation system, along a with laundry area are all part of the new addition. The older facilities will be also improved adding a quarantine area, and a new greeting area along with office space.
They have a generous benefactor who has already donated a significant amount of the funds needed but who will also match any additional monies donated to complete the project.
In addition to support funds for their addition, the Sullivan County SPCA also needs the daily supplies that help them to provide for the pets in their care. Below is a partial list of their needs:
- Purina dry dog & puppy food
- Purina dry cat & kitten food
- Kitten Formula
- Canned cat & dog food
- Non-Clumping cat litter
- Odoban Deodorizer/Disinfectant Spray
- Clorox Wipes
Paper Towels and much more. Call them at 845-796-3120 or visit their website to see how you can help. Pictured above is Shelter Manager Debbie Ditteret and Delivery Driver Brandon Speeney.