11/11/2020 by Combined Energy Services 0 Comments
Portable Outdoor Propane Heater Safety
Brought to you by the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) here are some tips to keep you safe around outdoor propane heaters.
These safe, effective heaters are a great way to warm up a patio or outdoor space. Just follow these simple rules to keep you and your guests safe.
1. SMELL GAS? DON’T LIGHT IT.
Know propane’s distinct odor, and always follow manufacturer instructions for connecting a cylinder and lighting a heater.
2. NEVER USE OUTDOOR PROPANE HEATERS INDOORS.
While safe for outdoor use, these types of heaters should never be used in enclosed spaces.
3. ALWAYS SHUT A HEATER OFF BEFORE MOVING IT.
Relocating a heater while it’s in use can create a potentially unsafe situation.
4. KEEP HEATERS AWAY FROM FOOT TRAFFIC AND FIVE FEET FROM EXITS.
Lower the chances of a heater getting knocked over while in use.
5. NEVER USE HEATERS NEAR OTHER FLAMMABLES.
Paper, plastics, and other fuel sources are all things to avoid.
6. NEVER STORE PROPANE CYLINDERS INDOORS.
Store propane cylinders upright, on a level surface, in an area with plenty of ventilation.
For the full brochure, click here.